For many nonprofits, particularly small- and medium-sized ones where finance and accounting aren’t core competencies, outsourcing your controller functions is a highly effective strategy. For instance:
- Your organization needs a chief financial officer, controller, accountant or bookkeeper but can’t afford to hire one.
- You need these functions, but not on a full-time basis.
- You need to strengthen your internal controls and separate some duties; for example, having someone other than the person who handles your money account for it.
- You’re having problems accounting for your restricted funds.
- Your key finance person is learning on the job and needs some help to take your organization to the next level.
- Your organization is growing, but you can only afford to hire new employees to raise funds or deliver services – not to do finances.
- You need to put your scarce resources into programs and services rather than additional HR costs and employee benefits.
- You have to make very difficult decisions in the current economic climate about how and where to cut back, but you don’t have accurate cost-accounting to identify what each of your programs and departments costs to operate.
Wouldn’t it be great to bring someone on board to provide these services only at the times you need them? To handle the bookkeeping so you don’t have to? To give you the support, information and time so you can focus your energies on the things that you do best?
Outsourcing your controller functions is a simple, economical solution that makes sense. Actually, “outsourcing” may be a misnomer: it implies sending your work out. At Your Part-Time Controller we think of ourselves as “in-sources” – we come to you. Our staff are on your site, interacting with your people, available to answer your questions, at your schedule. Your records never leave your premises. We tailor our services to meet your needs and timeframe. From coming to your office one day a month to several days a week, we’re there for you – and with you. You’ll quickly come to think of us as My Part-Time Controller.
Interested? Contact us. We’re ready to help you get the job done.